Each of us, making repairs in the bathroom, necessarily wondered: which is better, a bath or shower. Of course, both options have their advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, it is so important to make the right choice, taking into account the characteristics of each of them.
A bathtub is sanitary equipment specially designed for bathing.
The main criterion for the division into types is the material for making the bathroom.
For material, bathrooms are divided into:
- Advantages: lightweight, keep warm well, have a wide variety of shapes and designs.
- Disadvantages: not resistant to chemicals, cracks may appear from hot water over time.
- Advantages: strong, reliable, durable, resistant to damage, and easy to clean.
- Disadvantages: have a lot of weight and a small number of varieties of shapes and sizes.
- Advantages: they have a large variety of shapes and a fairly low price.
- Disadvantages: They are characterized by low stability and strength, have high sound conductivity.
- Advantages: they keep warm for a long time, are resistant to mechanical damage, have a wide variety of shapes and colors, as well as additional functions (hydromassage, air massage, the presence of armrests and headrests, radio, etc.), are easy to clean.
- Disadvantages: they have a high cost, cracks may appear from hot water over time.
- Advantages: retain heat well, resistant to mechanical damage, durable.
- Disadvantages: they have a lot of weight and are distinguished by the fragility of the material, they are high in price.
- Advantages: they have an aesthetic appearance, low sound conductivity, retain heat for a long time, and are stable.
- Disadvantages: they are heavy, not resistant to chemicals, require special care, expensive.
Baths made of marble
- Advantages: strong and resistant to mechanical damage, have an aesthetic appearance, retain heat for a long time and have low sound conductivity.
- Disadvantages: They are distinguished by high weight and rather high valuable.
It is important to pay attention to the shape of the bathroom. In most cases, it is worth considering the space of the room and choosing the most optimal option.
There are such types of baths:
It is also worth taking into account the general advantages and disadvantages in a comparison between a bath and a shower stall. And relying on these factors to make a choice that suits exactly your needs. When choosing a bathroom, consider the following:
- It is possible to arrange shelves above the bathroom for storing bath accessories
- Provides the opportunity to relax and unwind
- Easy to clean
- Allows you to bathe children and animals
- Take up a lot of space
- Does not use water economically
- Have a small number of additional functions
- Difficult to repair
This option will be quite successful when installed in rooms of a small size.
The shower stall will fit well into the interior of the shower room and will satisfy the main needs of the buyer.
Unlike baths, showers have a wide variety of options.
The material for the manufacture of shower trays is distinguished:
- Cast iron
For the shape of the pallets, there are:
The method of opening doors is distinguished by:
- Sliding systems
- Hinged structures
Also, open and closed types of shower cabins differ significantly from each other. Open shower stalls are characterized by the absence of a ceiling, where the walls of the shower room replace the structural panels. And instead of pallets, they use a cemented floor. In most cases, such a design does not have a variety of additional devices, therefore it is affordable. Open showers are rarely used because they complicate subsequent repairs. But they look quite stylish in the interior and do not take up much space. Closed types of shower stalls have an independent design with a ceiling, walls, and a shower tray. They are often called shower cubicles. This design is quite mobile due to the presence of wheels. And also closed shower cabins are characterized by the presence of additional functions. Giving preference to the choice of a shower stall, it is worth considering all the pros and cons:
- Allows you to save space
- Less water consumption
- Have many additional functions (hydromassage, steam generators, aromatherapy, voice control, radio, temperature and pressure settings, lighting, CD and video equipment, the presence of mirrors, shelves, and dispensers)
- A large variety of models on the market
- Well amenable to restoration
- Sealed enclosure prevents water splashing
- There is no way to lie down
- Not enough interior space
- Have a high cost
- Require special care
- It is inconvenient to bathe children and animals
SHOWER CABINS WITH BATH
This set of plumbing equipment is a unique find for those with a large family.
It combines all the advantages and disadvantages of a bathroom and shower.
Therefore, when choosing this equipment, it is worth considering the following features:
- Allows you to take either a shower or a bath
- Aesthetic appearance
- Comfort and availability of additional functions
- Reliability and tightness
- Have a high cost of both equipment and installation
- Require special care
- Overall dimensions are large enough